number seven

Blog Post #7

Twitter? How's that been?

Image result for typing reaction pic
Twitter has been a fun time, I'd say. I like how I get to be creative with my posts, and it's a somewhat informal setting. I get to find memes that match my tweets, come up with interesting hashtags, and overall learn how to use the site. Before this class, my experience with Twitter was limited. I just remembered a very old account from 2013 and I'm trying real hard not to cringe. Wow, what a different time. I didn't keep up with it because my excuse was always "I wouldn't know what to post." But now I'd say that it doesn't matter (it does but at the same time, it doesn't; just depends on your motives). The whole point is to speak your mind. For this class, I understand that it's supposed to revolve around education, but I still have creative freedom with it, to an extent. My favorite part is searching for memes or reaction pictures. I tend to crack myself up. 

Weebly

It was an interesting process, coming up with a website for this class. I learned how tedious it can be to create a website (which is what I don't like), and I have a newfound appreciation for websites and whoever takes the time to make it professional and visually appealing. I know that we used weebly as a class, and it's more for beginners, but I can't imagine how time-consuming and costly it is to build a website from scratch and find ways to get people to visit it. I like the simplicity of weebly, and how easy it is to navigate through the options and design process. Click here to view the final product of my website.

Assistive and Adaptive Technologies

Image result for math lady
Instead of being "disabled learners," it's better to call students "diverse learners," who need extra assistance in the classroom. There are various technologies being created to help those who fall under that category. Everyone deserves to have a proper education and I like how there is an increased awareness about this topic. Challenges can definitely arise if teachers aren't aware of how to use certain technologies, or if they're unfamiliar with the way they function. If they don't receive proper training, then what? They have to figure it out themselves? But that takes more time away from other students and other duties that need to be done. 

Comments

  1. Contrast: Contrast is great. There is a clear black and white difference between background and text.There is a high contrast.
    Repetition: All fonts are the same. There is no flaw in repetition on your website. There are no distracting fonts or things that strain the eye.
    Alignment: Alignment is good, everything is in order. Good job on organizing all of the sections.
    Proximity: No problems on proximity. I think you could have included a few more sub-sections but this is still very organized.
    Overall great job. I think this could easily look like it comes from an actual teachers website. Good job on getting all the sections clear and organized.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

diigo and development

Education and the law at its finest

Blog post numero uno