twitta and other softwares (???)

Blog post #4 (???)

Twitter? Tweeting? How did that go?

Image result for happy reaction pics
I haven't had that much experience with twitter before this class. I made an account briefly years ago but stopped using it because I kept overthinking it. What  I post? Is this funny? Is this interesting? But then I reunited with this beloved app and I'm back. I'm realizing how fun it is, to tweet whatever you want. I made a personal account so I don't have to put a filter on. For the class account, I have to primarily focus on educational content, but I know how to make things fun. I like searching for quirky memes or adding my own personal touch to things. I've been interacting with a few classmates I've seen active on twitter. Some of them like or comment on my posts, which is a mini confidence boost. It makes my efforts feel a little more appreciated. It's beneficial because I'm learning more about navigating through the website/app. It'd help my future students since I now have existing knowledge about this.

Digital divides

Image result for cat hissing memeIt's a difficult thing for students to deal with, and anyone involved. It impacts the success of students as well. We all come from different socioeconomic backgrounds, and we all experience a variety of situations. Some families don't have access to the internet or resources, others are living in poverty. It's hard when there are state standards for schools, but not everyone can meet those same standards. Not all students understand how to use technology. There's a struggle of trying to implement certain lesson plans or structures when it's hard to keep up with. Causes? Again, socioeconomic status. That's a big one. Some can afford to pay for internet connection and tablets, and some don't have those things at all. If I were a teacher, I'd try my best to figure out what each child knows, or doesn't know. And I'd go from there. For the ones who don't understand too much technology, I'd slowly implement different tools they could use. I'd gradually get them accustomed to using various hardware and software. As for teaching strategies, it would require more thought and creativity on my part.

Hardware or software, that is the question...

Image result for kahoot memeThere's a lot of options I could choose from. If I were to pick two, I'd go with Kahoot and Google docs (as well as other options Google has to offer - like sheets, slides, etc.). I'd choose Kahoot because, honestly, who doesn't love a good competitive and interactive game? You knew it was a good day when you'd walk into class and hear that classic (yet repetitive) Kahoot theme song. I can practically hear it now. The colors are fun and it makes students more enthusiastic about what's to come. I want to make my classroom enjoyable and welcoming for every person that walks in. As for Google docs, I love how collaborative it can be. It saves your document as you're typing it, so if you face technical issues, then you don't have to worry about losing your work. Plus, it's a great tool when it's used for group projects. Everyone can make adjustments and write their own part.
      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

diigo and development

Education and the law at its finest

Blog post numero uno